JORDAN YOUTH TOUR 2021!!
Come on a magical journey to the Middle East!!
Oct 9- 18, 2021
The Middle East is our favourite place in the world! Of all the places we have travelled, Jordan holds a very special place in our hearts. Come on an amazing adventure and experience the beautiful culture, history and food of Jordan!
This tour is FULL BOARD!! You don't need to worry about anything, just come along for the experience of a lifetime and have everything provided by us!
All food, accommodation, activities and visa costs included.
10 days tour, 9 nights accommodation.
This tour will be for youth 14 years +, young adults and also for parents.
** Parents please read our 'note to parents'.
Cost - $2500.
*First payment - registration deposit = $300
*Second payment - due 90 days before tour (July 9th) = $1200
*Final payment - due 30 days before tour (Sep 9th) = $1000
This tour is a small and personal experience in the Middle East, we have limited spots.
Get in quick and don't miss out!!
*It is required that all participants have their own medical/travel insurance.
If you would like to discuss the option of a payment plan, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Covid 19 update**
This tour is designed to bring youth together, and as such, we will be socializing in close proximity. Masks will only be required when mandated by Jordanian law for use in public places. The wearing of masks inside any tour accommodation will not be required and is optional. Learning Brave LLC will work to ensure the comfort and health of tour participants but will not be held responsible for any Covid 19 cases that arise during the tour. It is expected that tour participants will only attend if they are in good health and experiencing no Covid symptoms.
It may be required for all persons entering Jordan to present a negative Covid 19 test within 72 hours of arrival. We will update participants as situations change closer to the date of the tour. It is essential for participants to have travel and medical insurance against any potential delays, medical emergencies or cancellations.
The tour mentors for this trip will be Ross and Skyler Gilbert, both have extensive experience working with youth.
Ross Gilbert was awarded top youth mentor for Williamsburg Learning in 2019 and has never regretted leaving corporate life 4 years ago to fulfill his dream of living intentionally and working in a meaningful capacity with youth.
Skyler Gilbert is the founder of Learning Brave LLC, the mother of 5 children, a writer, artist, and adventure planner. Skyler has a bachelor in Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies.
Both Ross and Skyler have lived and traveled in the Middle East. They have a passionate love for this region of the world and are so excited to share this love with others!
Our rough itinerary for the Jordan Youth Tour is as follows;
1. Arrive and settle in.
2. Amman. We will explore this fascinating city, try the food, do some shopping, tour the city, check out the Roman theatre and more..!
3. Jerash and Ajloun. Jerash is an ancient city that has been inhabited since the Bronze Age! It is famous as being one of the best preserved Greco-Roman cities in the Middle East, Jerash is one of the top attractions in Jordan. Truly, this place is amazing!!
Ajloun - The Ajloun Castle was originally built in 1184 to defend against the Crusaders, it is an amazing piece of ancient history to explore.
4. Humanitarian work with Syrian refugees. We are yet to have this organised, and we don't yet know what this portion of the trip will look like, but it is our great desire to have our tour participants engage in a meaningful way with the refugees.
5. Travel to Wadi Musa and visit Kerak - one of the largest Crusader castles in the region.
6. Petra. I have visited 34 countries around the world and of all the marvels I have seen, Petra remains my absolute favourite. It is incredible in every way possible and a visit to Petra is guaranteed to be a truly special life experience.
7. Wadi Rum. We are going to one of the most spectacular deserts on earth to camp with the Bedouin under the stars!
8. Visit the lowest place on Earth and float in the Dead Sea!
9. Visit the town of Madaba, the baptismal site of Jesus, and Mt. Nebo.
10. Fly home.
The Learning Brave Jordan Youth Tour will also include;
-Seriously delicious food!
-Cultural enrichment through learning and exploration of the country's past, present and future.
-Fun Middle Eastern adventures such as camel riding and haggling in the market!
- Basic Arabic language classes.
-Devotionals and teen connection activities.
All of this and more for an amazing experience in the Middle East!
We will finalize accommodation once we have firm numbers for the tour. As always, Learning Brave will supply a top level of comfortable accommodation. We will be staying in a selection of beautiful hotels.
All transportation is included in this tour, including transfers to and from the Jordan Amman airport.
After registration, we will advise an optimal time for participants to arrive and depart the airport.
We are very willing to work with parents and and youth to help facilitate travel buddy groups so that whenever possible, teens can fly together and accompany each other. We also offer travel consultation in the form of personalized help to find the best possible flights available for each participant! (We are very good at this as we have been full-time traveling around the world for the past 5 years!)
- We will greet you and provide all transfers to and from the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman Jordan.
- We will provide consultations and recommendations for finding the best available flights.
- We will cover the cost of the Jordan visa.
-All meals and snacks from arrival to departure.
- 9 nights accommodation.
- Experienced and fun guides for diverse historical adventures.
- ALL activities, entrance fees, and guided tours included.
- Plenty of laughs and epic moments!
- New friends!!
What's NOT Included;
- Airfare to and from participants home to the Queen Alia International Airport in Amman Jordan.
- Health/Travel Insurance.
- Spending money for souvenirs.
A detailed list of what to bring on the Learning Brave Jordan Tour will be sent out once registration is complete.