JAPAN YOUTH TOUR
Come on a fantastic trip to beautiful Japan!
We LOVE Japan!! It is such a unique place in the world; full of beautiful culture, rich history and delicious food. Come on an amazing adventure and experience Japan in the spring of 2024.
This tour is FULL BOARD!! You don't need to worry about anything, just come along for the experience of a lifetime and have everything provided by us!
All food, accommodation and activities included.
This tour will be for teens 14 years +, and also for parents.
Young adults wanting to join this tour will need to apply first via email before registering. This is because the tour is focused for teens, however, exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
**Parents please read our 'note to parents'.
Cost - $2800.
*First payment - registration deposit = $400
*Second payment - due 90 days before tour = $1200
*Final payment - due 30 days before tour = $1200
This tour is a small and personal experience in Osaka Japan, we have limited spots.
Get in quick and don't miss out!!
*It is required that all participants have their own medical/travel insurance.
If you would like to discuss the option of a payment plan, please email us at email@example.com
**Covid 19 update**
This tour is designed to bring youth together, and as such, we will be socializing in close proximity. Masks will only be required when mandated by Japanese law for use in public places. The wearing of masks inside any tour accommodation will not be required and is optional. Learning Brave LLC will work to ensure the comfort and health of tour participants but will not be held responsible for any Covid 19 cases that arise during the tour. It is expected that tour participants will only attend if they are in good health and experiencing no Covid symptoms. It may be required for all persons entering Japan to present a negative Covid 19 test within 72 hours of arrival. We will update participants as situations change closer to the date of the tour. It is essential for participants to have travel and medical insurance against any potential delays, medical emergencies or cancellations.
The tour mentors for this trip will be Ross and Skyler Gilbert, both have extensive experience working with youth.
Ross Gilbert was awarded top youth mentor for Williamsburg Learning in 2019 and has never regretted leaving corporate life 6 years ago to fulfill his dream of living intentionally and working in a meaningful capacity with youth. He speaks fluent Japanese and has spent three years living in Japan.
Skyler Gilbert is the founder of Learning Brave LLC, the mother of 5 children; a writer, artist, and adventure planner. She has spent one year living in Japan and can understand about half of what Ross says in Japanese.
Our rough itinerary for the Japan Youth Tour includes;
1. Arrive and settle in.
2. Explore Osaka City - Den Den Town (anime shopping district), city fun.
3. Osaka Castle and museum.
4. Nara Temple and district. Learn about Buddhism and visit the world's largest wooden building. Hand-feed the Nara deer, guardians of the temple.
Omizutori Festival in the evening! - an ancient celebration of fire and water. This festival has been annually held since 752 AD, it is one of Japan's oldest festivals!!
5. Explore Kyoto. Visit Fushimi Inari Taisha and Kiyumizu Dera - learn about the Japanese Shinto religion and be amazed at the beautiful temples, nature and walks.
6. Eigamura. This is one of the coolest places in Japan, it is a Japanese Samurai movie studios theme park!!! There are ninja's, movie re-enactments, old town replicas, geisha and much more!
7. Hiroshima. Visit the Peace Memorial Museum and learn about the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in WWII.
8. Final day exploring Kyoto - visit Kinkaku Ji (the famous golden pavilion), Nijo Castle/Imperial Palace, and the International Manga Museum.
9. Last visit to Osaka and fly home.
We also plan to include;
-Cultural enrichment through learning and exploration of the country's past, present and future. **Warning - Ross will be talking constantly about the history of EVERYTHING...(when he's not chatting away in Japanese...)
- Basic Japanese language classes.
- Manga workshop.
- Movie nights.
- Connection with local Japanese people.
-Workshops and teen connection activities.
All of this and more for an incredible experience in Japan!
We will finalize accommodation once we have firm numbers for the tour. We will likely be sleeping 'Japanese style' - futons on the floor. Japanese houses do not typically have large roomy bedrooms per person, they utilise floor space and use futons which they then pack away during the day. Despite this, Learning Brave will supply a top level of comfortable and traditional accommodation.
All transportation is included in this tour, including transfers to and from the Kansai International Airport, Osaka Japan.
After registration, we will advise an optimal time for participants to arrive and depart the airport.
We are very willing to work with parents and and youth to help facilitate travel buddy groups so that whenever possible, teens can fly together and accompany each other. We also offer travel consultation in the form of personalized help to find the best possible flights available for each participant! (We are very good at this as we have been full-time traveling around the world for the past 6 years!)
- We will greet you and provide all transfers to and from the Kansai International Airport, Osaka Japan.
- We will provide consultations and recommendations for finding the best available flights.
-All meals and snacks from arrival to departure.
- 8 nights accommodation.
- Experienced and fun guides for diverse cultural adventures.
- ALL activities, entrance fees, and guided tours included.
- Plenty of laughs and epic moments!
- New friends!!
What's NOT Included;
- Airfare to and from participants home to the Kansai International Airport, Osaka Japan.
- Health/Travel Insurance.
- Spending money for souvenirs.
A detailed list of what to bring on the Learning Brave Japan Youth Tour will be sent out once registration is complete.